All of our products carry a genuine factory warranty for a period of 32 months, excluding batteries and labor.
Every product manufactured by the different brands of electric automatic gate operators and accessories that we install are built to high standards out of the highest quality materials available and have been thoroughly tested to assure you that your product will last for many years.
However, sometimes electrical and mechanical devices fail, and for that reason there are outstanding warranties provided by these companies. All of our products carry a genuine factory warranty for a period 32 months, excluding batteries and labor.
The manufacturer's warranty covers only defective parts.
The manufacturer warranty does not cover the cost to dispatch a technician for a service call to make repairs to gate opener equipment.
All gate operators come with a manufacture warranty, each company has their own policy, but the basics are:
1. Manufacture warranty only covers defective parts for a limited time (somewhere between 24 and 32 months, depending on the manufacturer).
2. Cost of Labor is never covered under the manufacture warranty.
3. North Georgia Gate Company will provide a 90 (ninety) day workmanship warranty to the party named on the contract. Warranty becomes effective the day the job is completed provided the contracted price of said job has been paid in full. Workmanship warranty does not cover acts of nature, damage by motor vehicles, vandalism or any other damage caused by anyone / anything other than workmanship error which may have occurred at the time of installation.
WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER ELECTRICAL POWER SURGE DAMAGE CAUSED BY LIGHTENING OR SURGES GENERATED FROM THE POWER COMPANY GRID.
North Georgia Gate Co. will install a power surge protector to prevent this type of damage as part of the original installation package. N. GA. Gate Co. uses a high quality suppressor that will be sacrificed during an electrical power surge or lightning strike and prevent damage to the expensive gate opener electronics. Once sacrificed, electricity will be shut off to the gate opener control box and the surge suppressor will need to be replaced to resume operation.
The surge suppressor is not covered under warranty. To replace a sacrificed surge suppressor will cost $140 for a new suppressor plus a $250 service call fee.
Solar powered gate openers do not receive surge suppression protection because they are not hooked up to the electrical power grid and therefore are not subject to electrical surges.
4. COST OF SERVICE CALLS:
A $250.00 fee per service call is charged to the owner and the service fee will include:
1. Diagnostic troubleshooting of the electronic gate opener.
2. One hour labor cost (each additional hour at $75.00 each, including drive time). Most repairs can be complete within the first hour.
3. Parts that are covered under manufacture limited warranty. ( If warranty has expired, replacement parts will be charged to the owner at the same cost North Georgia Gate Co. paid to the manufacturer for said replacement parts.
The manufacturer does not pay North Georgia Gate Co. to make service calls.
North Georgia Gate Co. must charge for service calls to stay in operation.
In the event of a system failure, North Georgia Gate Co. will make every effort to repair the system as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Sam McCombs - Owner / Operator
North Georgia Gate Company